Old 27-04-2003, 09:20 PM
Ronald Nelson

Default aquariumfish.net arrivals

On 4/27/03 12:37 PM, in article , "Bob A"
wrote:

I received my SAE's and shrimp, Ancistrus, and some Panda Cory Cats from
aquariumfish.net Friday. I'm afraid I haven't had very good luck. The
Ancistrus and SAE's are fine, I ordered 5 SAE's and got 6, but I think they
are all still fine. Sometimes difficult to find in all the plants. I
suspect all the shrimp are dead, but maybe they are in the plants somewhere.
I ordered Amano shrimp, and I am pretty sure I got Ghost shrimp instead.
They appear very transparent. Two of the five Cory Cats are dead, they were
supposed to be 1", but they are tiny, maybe slightly over 1/2". I wonder if
they are more susceptible to problems being so young.

I ordered Monday, and requested (via web form) arrival on Friday. I
received a form email Tue stating that I would be notified within three days
of when they would arrive. It also stated specifically that they would not
be shipped without notification. However, the only way I knew they were
coming was a FedEx email saying I had been shipped an overnight package.

I'm not really complaining, but I feel a bit discouraged, mainly about the
shrimp and cory cats. I guess my main question is, are shrimp usually
visible in a heavily planted tank? I saw one the night I put them in, and
one the next morning, which was eating. Haven't seen any since.

bob allred

Bob,
The only time I see my shrimp is at night with a flashlight, otherwise
they hide in the shadows. I can't say that I know enough about them though
to tell you this is normal behavior. But it seems to me the norm in my tank.

HTH,
Ron