GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Cleaning Acrylic (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/18839-cleaning-acrylic.html)

JEB 28-04-2003 05:20 AM

Cleaning Acrylic

I picked up a used overflow box on ebay that has some pink and green
deposits in it. Must have been in a marine tank. Anyone know a safe,
effective way to clean acrylic?
thanks-

James

WD 28-04-2003 07:32 AM

Cleaning Acrylic

"JEB" wrote in message
I picked up a used overflow box on ebay that has some pink and green
deposits in it. Must have been in a marine tank. Anyone know a safe,
effective way to clean acrylic?
thanks-

James

I used a vinigar solution, as I had the same thing. I bought a 75gallon with
20 gallon sump, and everything had gak from the reef that used to inhabit
it. A soak in the vinigar solution loosened up the worst, I scraped off some
more while it was wet, and the rest that wasn't visible to the casual
observer I just left.

JEB 28-04-2003 11:44 AM

Cleaning Acrylic

I used a vinigar solution, as I had the same thing. I bought a 75gallon with
20 gallon sump, and everything had gak from the reef that used to inhabit
it. A soak in the vinigar solution loosened up the worst, I scraped off some
more while it was wet, and the rest that wasn't visible to the casual
observer I just left.

Good, a vinegar soak it is then. This doesn't have to be squeaky
clean, as I'm sure it won't take long to develop it's own coat of
freshwater goodies. But I did want to start clean, without the
sal****er stuff.
thanks-

James