Old 28-04-2003, 05:20 AM
JEB

Default Cleaning Acrylic

I picked up a used overflow box on ebay that has some pink and green
deposits in it. Must have been in a marine tank. Anyone know a safe,
effective way to clean acrylic?
thanks-

James

Old 28-04-2003, 07:32 AM
WD

"JEB" wrote in message
I picked up a used overflow box on ebay that has some pink and green
deposits in it. Must have been in a marine tank. Anyone know a safe,
effective way to clean acrylic?
thanks-

James

I used a vinigar solution, as I had the same thing. I bought a 75gallon with
20 gallon sump, and everything had gak from the reef that used to inhabit
it. A soak in the vinigar solution loosened up the worst, I scraped off some
more while it was wet, and the rest that wasn't visible to the casual
observer I just left.

Old 28-04-2003, 11:44 AM
JEB

I used a vinigar solution, as I had the same thing. I bought a 75gallon with
20 gallon sump, and everything had gak from the reef that used to inhabit
it. A soak in the vinigar solution loosened up the worst, I scraped off some
more while it was wet, and the rest that wasn't visible to the casual
observer I just left.

Good, a vinegar soak it is then. This doesn't have to be squeaky
clean, as I'm sure it won't take long to develop it's own coat of
freshwater goodies. But I did want to start clean, without the
sal****er stuff.
thanks-

James