Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2003, 07:56 PM
Christopher

Default costs of buying/maintaining a tank

I I have a tank for about 6-7 months now and have spent about 4k on it, I'm
wondering if this is normal or have I been buying too many toys/expensive
stuff for it that is unnecessary? I have a 125gallon tank with a 20gallon
tank underneath it to raise shrimp in. (both tanks acryllic). Can you guys
list what types of tanks you have and the stuff you have put on them and the
aproximate amount of money you have spent on them? I don't think
maintaining the tank will be that expensive, probably on the order of
$200-$300 a year (mostly due to bulb replacement 7x20watt, foods, expensive
fertilizers). I'm more interested in the 'setup' costs associated with a
tank, I'm not sure if I've been buying this stuff at way more than I should
be paying. Please reply with your info, I'll post a detailed itemization
later.