Old 08-06-2003, 01:20 PM

Default Amano Shrimp Reproduction: Some Queries

What are the general conditions required for shrimp to reproduce?

Are they as finicky as some fish in when to reproduce?

Can Amano Shrimp be sexed ?

Do they lay eggs or are they live bearers ?

Is there a problem with inbreeding if you have two shrimp that produce
two more and so on ?

Much thanks
Old 08-06-2003, 04:44 PM
WD

I poked into this issue myself a short while back, since my amano's seem to
be carrying eggs around all the time.
A: Brackish water is required for the 'fry'. In the wild, I've read that
they lay the eggs in a stream and the eggs wash down to the ocean before
developing completly.
B: They require feeding of newly hatched bring shrimp or plankton or some
such every couple hours.

Can't find the links I used last time....
--
----
Billy

Old 08-06-2003, 07:20 PM
Jim Brown

Try:
http://users.skynet.be/caridina-japonica/

Jim

WD wrote in message
I poked into this issue myself a short while back, since my amano's seem

be carrying eggs around all the time.
A: Brackish water is required for the 'fry'. In the wild, I've read that

Old 08-06-2003, 11:08 PM
Wilma Duncan

I have an article on my web page on breeding the Amano shrimp and another
article in the makings.
http://www.jayscustomcomputers.com/wilma/

Old 12-06-2003, 10:21 PM
Bob

Check out my shrimp links about 1/2 way down this page:
http://www.home.cshore.com/luna/Fishpics/Fishlinks.html
HTH,
Bob