GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lotus seeds? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/43843-lotus-seeds.html)

Sam 23-09-2003 05:12 AM

Lotus seeds?

Hiyall,

I wish to buy/exchange some lotus seeds. Any pointers will be deeply
appreciated.

TIA

KenCo 23-09-2003 05:43 AM

Lotus seeds?

Djay wrote:

My red lotus seems to propigate through runners. Do they flower?

DJay

they flower, it usually takes 1-2 yrs for 1st flower.
the seed pod is inside the flower, you will see it
when the petals drop.

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced ;)

zxcvbob 25-09-2003 05:42 AM

Lotus seeds?

Sam wrote:
Hiyall,

I wish to buy/exchange some lotus seeds. Any pointers will be deeply
appreciated.

TIA

You can buy a lotus pod at any craft store where they sell dried flowers.
The seeds inside are viable, but you have to sand or file a hole in the
seed coat to get them to germinate.

Best regards,
Bob