Old 10-10-2003, 11:03 PM
gizmo

Default My new easy CO2 system

Greetings!
After using the 2 Hagen Naturafin CO2 system on a 100 planted tank...I've
upgraded today to a pressurized system made by Prodac (www.prodac.it) -
Anyone knows ???
Anyway the Hagen systems were installed on a 40 gallon tank which they are
better designed for....
Well after 4 hours of using the new system I can see dramatic changes in
matter of O2 comes out of the leaves and plants are starting to show real
signs of ejecting O2! - You can really see the o2 bubbles coming up to the
surface - hardly seen this before. The atomsire consist of a special porous
device cast in a glass bell - quoting from the manual.
:
1. I've monitored the PH twice and it was stable at 7.2
2. During the night the light goes off and the tank is being aerated with an
air stone
3. The CO2 is not turned off during the night....
4. CO2 bubbles count is about 1 bubble per 3 seconds (but big bubbles) - You
can really see the diffusion into the tank water.
5. I will measure the PH first thing in the morning. (But for the last few
hours didn't see any stress signs on any fish)
-------The sad part is that I don't know my KH.-------
Questions:
Shell I increase the bubble rate to 1 per second ??? (depending on the PH of
course)
If the PH drops during night - what is considered to be a 'Normal' drop if
one can use the term normal....
How long does it takes for the PH to stabilize? (couples of days?)

10x

gizmo

Old 11-10-2003, 12:02 AM
Dinky

"gizmo" wrote in message
Greetings!
After using the 2 Hagen Naturafin CO2 system on a 100 planted tank...I've
upgraded today to a pressurized system made by Prodac (www.prodac.it) -
Anyone knows ???

Couldn't find it on thier site...more info on the system please?

Old 11-10-2003, 02:22 AM
Bob Alston

Scroll down to "Easy co2 system":

http://www.prodac.it/english/dolce7.htm

--
Bob Alston

bobalston9 AT aol DOT com

Old 11-10-2003, 09:22 AM
gizmo

Well this morning PH reading was still at 7.2 - which is not bad 2 me...
Should I increase the bubble rate to a higher one - one bubble every 1-2
seconds ?

Old 11-10-2003, 04:32 PM
Bob Alston

A decision whether or not to add more co2 should be based on the the level
in the water. Use Chuck Gadd's calculator to figure this out:

http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_plant_co2chart.htm

--
Bob Alston

bobalston9 AT aol DOT com