GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   My alga == Staghorn == Cladophora? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/45262-my-alga-%3D%3D-staghorn-%3D%3D-cladophora.html)

Mean_Chlorine 11-10-2003 11:02 PM

My alga == Staghorn == Cladophora?

I've posted a number of images to my website of an alga which I'm
having a spot of problem with:
http://mikes-machine.mine.nu/algae_gallery.htm
I need help with the ID - is this, as I think, Staghorn algae, and is
this, as I think, a species of Cladophora?

Toni 12-10-2003 12:02 AM

My alga == Staghorn == Cladophora?

"Mean_Chlorine" wrote in message
m...
I've posted a number of images to my website of an alga which I'm
having a spot of problem with:
http://mikes-machine.mine.nu/algae_gallery.htm
I need help with the ID - is this, as I think, Staghorn algae, and is
this, as I think, a species of Cladophora?

No answers here- but that's a hellova lot of super photos.
Very nicely photographed and put together.
I nominate *you* to do the "Last Algae Identification Site You Will Ever
Need".

--
Toni
http://www.cearbhaill.com/aquarium.htm

Cam 13-10-2003 01:11 PM

My alga == Staghorn == Cladophora?

I nominate *you* to do the "Last Algae Identification Site You Will Ever
Need".

LOL.....I'll second that!

Mean_Chlorine 13-10-2003 10:23 PM

"Toni" wrote in message hlink.net...

I nominate *you* to do the "Last Algae Identification Site You Will Ever
Need".

AAaaah! runs away screaming

Anyway, thanks for your kind words. I'll continue posting images of
whatever algae pop up in my tanks, maybe they can be of some use to
someone, but I hope I can get some help with the ID's - I hardly know
anything about algae.

Incidentally I've just posted a second series of photos, of what I
think is Oedogonium.