GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   petrified wood? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/46482-petrified-wood.html)

Benthic 01-11-2003 02:42 PM

petrified wood?

I am looking for a place to get some nice chunks of petrified wood. Anyone
know of any sources?

Benthic 03-11-2003 02:02 AM

petrified wood?

who's got skills with glossostigma??
Ben

NetMax 08-11-2003 10:32 PM

petrified wood?

"Benthic" wrote in message
I am looking for a place to get some nice chunks of petrified wood.

Anyone
know of any sources?

Besides the LFS (who charges an arm & both legs ;~) nope. Note that
petrified wood is heavily calcified rock, and will cause your gH/kH to
increase (something not always desirable in planted tanks). Just an FYI.

NetMax

Robert Flory 09-11-2003 03:13 AM

petrified wood?

slipped.....

Much petrified wood is mostly, silica. Check it with acid.

Bob

"NetMax" wrote in message
.. .