Old 02-12-2003, 06:32 PM
Haywire

Default Help with Caridina Japonica Shrimp!

Well, got any green water? a really dirty plant? feed them and let them
back into the 100 once they are a little bigger.

IMHO they are ok, with algae, not the greatest.

"Amit" wrote in
:

I have 20 of these beautiful creatures in my 100 gallon tank - AND
THEY ARE THE ULTIMATE SOLUTION FOR ALGAE CONTROL!!!!
However I was happen to observe one of them up-side-down but still
alive I thought it is dying so I immediately removed it from the tank
and placed it in another 30 gallon tank inside a floating guppy
breeding box.... As I took a close look she shrimp is in a way reddish
than others and it is now standing ok in the floating chamber....
Now I can see that its legs are filled with some tissue which I
believe it to be eggs!!!
Oh boy correction - they are Hatching!!!!!!!!!!! I can see tiny tiny
(1-2 millimeters) swimming dots....
What should I do ??????

Old 02-12-2003, 06:36 PM
Djay

From memory and reading up on the subject, the trick seems to be that the
fry need a brackish environment. Too harsh for the normal planted tank, but
since you have yours in a different tank, you might give it a try??? Can't
hurt.
My CJs were always gravid and I believe that a couple of fry must have made
it to adult hood in my 70 gal because there were more in there when I tore
it down. I started with 12 and had 14, 18 months later.

DJay

"Amit" wrote in message
Well I've just installed in the tank a low current sponge filter I've also
made sure the bubbles are really tender - I hope.
The female is free in the tank I have some floating plants in 2 big peaces
of java moss attached to some rocks, and some dead plant matter as well -
I'll see how it goes for the next couple of day.... going to prepare some
water in the sin in order to get them green. Hoping for the best but I

know
chances of keeping them are low...
10x for the tips

Amit
Oh yes I am sure they are Japnica....
"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
.. .
Dinky wrote:
Are you sure they are Japonica? From what I've read, they are *VERY*

hard to
breed, and require major care to raise. Do a google search on breeding

these

They might be hard to raise, but not hard to breed. My females are
usually carrying eggs, but I've never seen one larvae make it to

adulthood.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old 02-12-2003, 06:45 PM
Dinky

"Amit" wrote in message
[...]

puppies and you'll see what I mean.
On the other hand, my ghost shrnp breed almost as easy as danios, still
tough to raise to adulthood, though I've gotten a couple good batches.