Old 09-12-2003, 01:33 AM
Nick D

Default 29gal. Greenhouse!

Hi,
What is the absolute best lighting outfit to have on a 29gal, for
_superior_ plant growth? I have not been able to grow plants! Even
with my upgraded light kit which is a double flourescent, 24", with
two GRO-Lux WS bulbs. What are my fundamental options...

Your opinions count...
Nick D.
Old 09-12-2003, 03:05 PM
Nsty N8

Hi,
What is the absolute best lighting outfit to have on a 29gal, for
_superior_ plant growth? I have not been able to grow plants! Even
with my upgraded light kit which is a double flourescent, 24", with
two GRO-Lux WS bulbs. What are my fundamental options...

Your opinions count...
Nick D.

I used a 1x55w compact flo from ahsupply.com. A year later I upgraded to 2x55w
because I had a hard time growing glosso.No probs growing anything now! I
should have pics of the easy enclosure that I built.

N8

N8
Old 09-12-2003, 06:13 PM
RedForeman ©®

what you upgraded was the bulb, not the total output of the lights... your
bulb, maybe a 24" 20W and the difference is, at 20W, you're not even to 1
Watt per gallon, get up to 1x55W and you'll grow almost anything... Start
there, don't, I repeat, DO NOT up to a 2x55w or you'll be a green tank, not
a green house...

--

RedForeman ©®

m...

Old 14-12-2003, 04:04 PM
Dave

I use a 65watt fixture from Custom SeaLife on my 29gal. My plants are
growing great ... crypts, Amazon sword, anubias, wisteria. Probably some
plants would require more light, but all the ones I have are doing fine.

"Nick D" wrote in message
m...
Hi,
What is the absolute best lighting outfit to have on a 29gal, for
_superior_ plant growth? I have not been able to grow plants! Even
with my upgraded light kit which is a double flourescent, 24", with
two GRO-Lux WS bulbs. What are my fundamental options...

Your opinions count...
Nick D.

95watts over a 29gal...Too Much?? Nick D Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 20-12-2003 12:43 AM
My relandscaped 29gal tank Mr Stout Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 09-07-2003 10:20 AM
greenhouse frogs Dave Lockwood Orchids 4 01-04-2003 05:20 PM
Central Illinois Retail Greenhouse, Garden Center, and Nursery Business - For Sale by Owner Eades Greenhouse and Nursery Gardening 0 03-02-2003 09:15 PM
Ant-hostile greenhouse Vespaman Orchids 0 28-01-2003 04:26 PM