GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Scavenger Shrimp (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/48656-scavenger-shrimp.html)

Troy Bruder 15-12-2003 06:42 PM

Scavenger Shrimp

Does anyone have any recommendations for freshwater shrimp that help keep
the tank clean by eating dead/decaying plant leaves?

Troy

Ghazanfar Ghori 15-12-2003 08:06 PM

Scavenger Shrimp

Ghost shrimp will do the job..and they're cheap.
They will prey on fry though.

Troy Bruder 15-12-2003 09:03 PM

Scavenger Shrimp

Thanks. I had those before, but I think my Bala sharks ate them all!
(That's probably why they got so big so quick!)