GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Algae ID (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/49964-algae-id.html)

-=Almazick=- 09-01-2004 04:04 AM

Algae ID

Can you please tell me what kind of Algae is it?
http://s93457593.onlinehome.us/Algae.htm

Dinky 09-01-2004 01:33 PM

Algae ID

"-=Almazick=-" wrote in message
Can you please tell me what kind of Algae is it?
http://s93457593.onlinehome.us/Algae.htm

Hair algae?
http://faq.thekrib.com/algae.html#types

billy

[email protected] 09-01-2004 06:42 PM

Algae ID

"-=Almazick=-" wrote in message news:uqpLb.3119$I06.30725@attbi_s01...
Can you please tell me what kind of Algae is it?
http://s93457593.onlinehome.us/Algae.htm

Appears to be, if branched, Composopogon, aka staghorn alga, a red
alga.
If you did a fair amount of plant uprooting etc, without doing a water
change after, you likely got it that way.

Trim infected leaves, prune, and keep up on good nutrients/light/CO2.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Kristian Künk 09-01-2004 07:18 PM

Algae ID

"-=Almazick=-" wrote in message
Can you please tell me what kind of Algae is it?
http://s93457593.onlinehome.us/Algae.htm

Maybe BBA ?

Ghazanfar Ghori 09-01-2004 09:19 PM

Algae ID

Looks like staghorn...
What are your nitrate levels?

LeighMo 10-01-2004 05:03 AM

Algae ID

If you did a fair amount of plant uprooting etc, without doing a water
change after, you likely got it that way.

Interesting. So he's right in thinking his gravel's to blame?

Leigh

Amit 10-01-2004 11:06 AM

Algae ID

Looks like hair Algae to me as well.
You should also measure your phosphate levels.+ Frequent water changes! Very
important for an Algae problematic tank.
I would also recommend to get some algae eating fish, Change your photo
period and get some Amano shrimps if you can. (Although your angels might
not like them to much.