Old 09-01-2004, 04:04 AM
-=Almazick=-

Default Algae ID

Can you please tell me what kind of Algae is it?
http://s93457593.onlinehome.us/Algae.htm

Old 09-01-2004, 01:33 PM
Dinky

"-=Almazick=-" wrote in message
Can you please tell me what kind of Algae is it?
http://s93457593.onlinehome.us/Algae.htm

Hair algae?
http://faq.thekrib.com/algae.html#types

billy

Old 09-01-2004, 06:42 PM

"-=Almazick=-" wrote in message news:uqpLb.3119$I06.30725@attbi_s01...
Can you please tell me what kind of Algae is it?
http://s93457593.onlinehome.us/Algae.htm

Appears to be, if branched, Composopogon, aka staghorn alga, a red
alga.
If you did a fair amount of plant uprooting etc, without doing a water
change after, you likely got it that way.

Trim infected leaves, prune, and keep up on good nutrients/light/CO2.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Old 09-01-2004, 07:18 PM
Kristian Künk

"-=Almazick=-" wrote in message
Can you please tell me what kind of Algae is it?
http://s93457593.onlinehome.us/Algae.htm

Maybe BBA ?

Old 09-01-2004, 09:19 PM
Ghazanfar Ghori

Looks like staghorn...
What are your nitrate levels?

Old 10-01-2004, 05:03 AM
LeighMo

If you did a fair amount of plant uprooting etc, without doing a water
change after, you likely got it that way.

Interesting. So he's right in thinking his gravel's to blame?

Leigh

Old 10-01-2004, 11:06 AM
Amit

Looks like hair Algae to me as well.
You should also measure your phosphate levels.+ Frequent water changes! Very
important for an Algae problematic tank.
I would also recommend to get some algae eating fish, Change your photo
period and get some Amano shrimps if you can. (Although your angels might
not like them to much.