Old 09-02-2004, 05:35 PM
Troy Bruder

Default pre-packaged PPMD

Anyone know where I can buy a pre-packaged PPMD solution? (yes, I'm too
lazy to even obtain and mix it myself!)...

Also, does anyone have one of those daily dosing machines for their tank???
I see products, but I'm not sure how good they are and if the treatments
stay "fresh" in them.

Thanks,
Troy

Old 10-02-2004, 06:12 AM
Nsty N8

Anyone know where I can buy a pre-packaged PPMD solution? (yes, I'm too
lazy to even obtain and mix it myself!)...

Also, does anyone have one of those daily dosing machines for their tank???
I see products, but I'm not sure how good they are and if the treatments
stay "fresh" in them.

Thanks,
Troy

Yes
I purchased mine from:
http://www.gregwatson.com/products.asp

The shipping was extremely fast!
I ordered it on a monday morning and it was on my doorstep the next day!

N8
Old 10-02-2004, 07:32 AM
Bill Kirkpatrick

Yep, Greg has the goods. Seems interested too. I ordered
the non-Boron flavor and he bothered to verify that's want I
really wanted. No "up sell" on his part either, both
products were the same price. Nice, that.

http://www.gregwatson.com/products.asp

About dosers...

I use a small DIY one. Timer, air pump, check valves, etc.
Not because it made sense, but because "i could". Only
later did it made sense... when off on vacation or business
for a couple of weeks. So enlightened, a (commercial)
automatic fish feeder soon followed.

Can't speak for "commercial", er, hobby, dosers. When I
looked a few years ago they were all far, far, too expensive
for their dubious construction.

Let's see.

PMDD should be treated with the optional HCL if you're going
to leave quantities, greater than 1 weeks use, sitting at
room temp. It retards spoilage, and chelate like lower Ph.
People claim various levels of vinegar dilution works too.
I dunno, I just mix the HCL (muriatic acid).

Avoid clear containers, avoid light. Under your hood, dead
center to the fluorescent tube would be "bad(tm)".

Don't just plug-n-play. Remember your tests. Make sure
your equipment choice can dose to match the amount of
"drops" you need - or be willing to measure, compute, and
dilute to conform its mechanical specs to fit your dose.

When I'm home, I don't even bother. Each AM, a squirt of
juice and a pinch of food. Done. Really, actually, a bit
easier than remembering to check for empty, battery ok, then
periodic cleaning, refill, reinstall, and fiddling with the
inevitable change in dose.

Packaged netting mike Ponds 1 30-08-2005 07:47 PM
pre-packaged PPMD Troy Bruder Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 09-02-2004 05:22 PM
Packaged netting for pests and birds Sweeny Edible Gardening 0 24-05-2003 12:32 AM
Packaged netting keep birds away mike Orchids 0 10-03-2003 09:20 PM
Packaged Plastic netting Web Site mark Edible Gardening 0 28-02-2003 11:39 PM