GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   T5 tube lifetime... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/52691-t5-tube-lifetime.html)

Marcus Fox 15-02-2004 09:01 PM

T5 tube lifetime...

How many hours is a T5 tube good for before it needs to be replaced?

Marcus

Joachim Laufer 16-02-2004 07:32 AM

T5 tube lifetime...

Hello Marcus,
from my kowledge of the new T5 technique, there is no need
to replace the tubes after a certain time like the T8 tubes.
Cheers Joachim

Toni 16-02-2004 11:21 AM

T5 tube lifetime...

"Marcus Fox" wrote in
message ...
How many hours is a T5 tube good for before it needs to be replaced?

The reports I've read indicate a 20,000 life running at greater than 90% of
initial output.
Mine are just under one week old- I'll let you know g

--
Toni
http://www.cearbhaill.com/reef.htm

Marcus Fox 16-02-2004 12:09 PM

T5 tube lifetime...

"Toni" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Marcus Fox" wrote in
message ...
How many hours is a T5 tube good for before it needs to be replaced?

The reports I've read indicate a 20,000 life running at greater than 90%

of
initial output.
Mine are just under one week old- I'll let you know g

If on for 12 hours per day at 7 days a week and 4 weeks per month, that's
about 5 years lifetime, lol. Just my 15w freshwater lamp seems a lot
brighter than my 15w tropical lamp, which is 6 months older.

Marcus

Marcus Fox 16-02-2004 12:16 PM

T5 tube lifetime...

"Toni" wrote in message