Old 15-02-2004, 09:01 PM
Marcus Fox

Default T5 tube lifetime...

How many hours is a T5 tube good for before it needs to be replaced?

Marcus

Old 16-02-2004, 07:32 AM
Joachim Laufer

Hello Marcus,
from my kowledge of the new T5 technique, there is no need
to replace the tubes after a certain time like the T8 tubes.
Cheers Joachim

Old 16-02-2004, 11:21 AM
Toni

"Marcus Fox" wrote in
message ...
How many hours is a T5 tube good for before it needs to be replaced?

The reports I've read indicate a 20,000 life running at greater than 90% of
initial output.
Mine are just under one week old- I'll let you know g

--
Toni
http://www.cearbhaill.com/reef.htm

Old 16-02-2004, 12:09 PM
Marcus Fox

"Toni" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Marcus Fox" wrote in
message ...
How many hours is a T5 tube good for before it needs to be replaced?

The reports I've read indicate a 20,000 life running at greater than 90%

of
initial output.
Mine are just under one week old- I'll let you know g

If on for 12 hours per day at 7 days a week and 4 weeks per month, that's
about 5 years lifetime, lol. Just my 15w freshwater lamp seems a lot
brighter than my 15w tropical lamp, which is 6 months older.

Marcus

Old 16-02-2004, 12:16 PM
Marcus Fox

"Toni" wrote in message