Old 29-04-2004, 02:05 PM
Graham Broadbridge

Default Diatom Filter or H.O.T. Magnum

"Jeff Lowe" wrote in message
None of this really gets the filter back to white, but I don't think it
matters. I tried this because I'd read that oxy is fairly benign and I

could
never seem to rinse all the Clorox out. I've since learned no moisture, no
chlorine so let the filter dry out completely.

It's amazing how much of that simple information gets left behind in the
never ending parade of new products that promise all sorts of magic.

No moisture == no chlorine, also sunlight kills chlorine even on damp things
left in full sunlight - that's why you have to add chlorine to pools every
day during summer, the ultraviolet kills it.

How many folks out there buy expensive tubes of pHup when Baking soda does
the same job better :-)

Graham.