GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   amount of light needed (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/79504-amount-light-needed.html)

SamNC001 20-07-2004 01:11 AM

amount of light needed

i have a 125g tank i want to make into a planted tank. it will be a "general"
planted tank with just the typical plants you get at stores..no really fancy
stuff,. would two 96 compact flourescent light strips with my original two 30W
tube lights be enough?

also, do i absolutely have to have a CO2 injector?

Robert Flory 20-07-2004 01:11 AM

amount of light needed

Depends on you desires. For a low tech relatively low light tank they would
be fine. No need for CO2, growth will just be slower.

many low light plants would do just fine.

Bob

CS 20-07-2004 01:12 AM

amount of light needed

That comes to just over 2 watts per gallon. It shoud be OK if you stay away
from reds or difficult species.