GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Plant lights (T8) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/85302-plant-lights-t8.html)

weetat 21-10-2004 08:27 AM

Plant lights (T8)

Hi all ,

Any suggestion about T8 plant light in the market ?
Btw , can i use normal flourence light in plant tank , for instance
Phillips T8 flo light ?

Thanks.

js1 02-11-2004 06:20 AM

On 2004-10-21, weetat wrote:
Hi all ,

Any suggestion about T8 plant light in the market ?
Btw , can i use normal flourence light in plant tank , for instance
Phillips T8 flo light ?

The sunlight bulbs for $7 at the local hardware store is pretty good.

Bill Stock 02-11-2004 06:36 AM

On 2004-10-21, weetat wrote:
Hi all ,

Any suggestion about T8 plant light in the market ?
Btw , can i use normal flourence light in plant tank , for instance
Phillips T8 flo light ?

The sunlight bulbs for $7 at the local hardware store is pretty good.

The Phillips daylight bulbs (T8) were $4 CDN. Seem OK, but they aren't for a
planted tank. I use CF on my planted tank.

George Pontis 02-11-2004 06:52 PM

In article , s says...
On 2004-10-21, weetat wrote:
Hi all ,

Any suggestion about T8 plant light in the market ?
Btw , can i use normal flourence light in plant tank , for instance
Phillips T8 flo light ?

The sunlight bulbs for $7 at the local hardware store is pretty good.

The Philips ADV850 rates well for a planted tank. It is a tri-phosphor daylight
tube with good color rendering and 5000K color temp. It is also fairly bright for
a 32W bulb compared to some specialized versions. The exact part number is
F32T8/ADV850. A very similar Philips tube, 5% less bright, is available in our
area at the Home Depot for about $8 for the 32W, 48" T8 tube. That one is
F32T8/TL850.