Old 26-10-2004, 07:53 PM
Nitesbane

Default CO2 and Filters

I've read in this newsgroup (haven't bothered looking it up) that motion on
the surface of the water will deplete C02 levels in my fish tank. Does that
mean that if I inject CO2 into perhaps an AquaClear filter's intake (the
kind that hangs on the back of the aquarium and trickles the water back in)
that all the CO2 will dissipate before it even reaches the tank? What if
the CO2 was injected into the bottom of the aquarium and was then filtered
naturally? Would the plants even have time to utilize the CO2 before it
dissipated into the atmosphere when going down the little "waterfall"?

I just started thinking about this when I decided to plant one of my 10
gallon tanks that has an AquaClear Mini. Thanks for any info anyone can
provide.

Old 26-10-2004, 08:49 PM
Brian S.

Good question.

I was wondering the same thing. I've also read that people stick the air
tube up the intake pipe of the filters. They then say that once the bubble
hits the impellers, that it disolves the Co2 in the water and flushes it
into the tank.

I tried this for about a week before upgrading to a 55 gallon tank and I
didn't really see any difference between it and when I bubbled it into a
little clear container that was turned upside down to capture all the
bubbles.

Brian S.

Old 26-10-2004, 10:10 PM
www.Fish-Forums.com

No not all of it but some of it will.
I suggest building a reactor or purchasing one for better dissappation
and increased co2 int the water

Marc
Want to win a FREE new co2 system or a lighting system check out our
forum for our newest contest coming up

http://www.fish-forums.com

Http://www.aquatic-store.com