GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   CO2 injection into a Rena Filstar filter (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/88179-co2-injection-into-rena-filstar-filter.html)

Matt C. 30-12-2004 05:05 PM

CO2 injection into a Rena Filstar filter

I got a Rena Filstar XP1 for xmas for my 29 gallon planted tank. I would
like to inject my DIY CO2 into the filter so the impeller breaks up the
bubbles. is there any way i can rig this filter to do this? I used to have a
small powerhead that i bubbled into and it worked really well.

Any suggestions?

thanx,
Matt

Nikki Casali 05-01-2005 03:24 PM

Matt C. wrote:
I got a Rena Filstar XP1 for xmas for my 29 gallon planted tank. I would
like to inject my DIY CO2 into the filter so the impeller breaks up the
bubbles. is there any way i can rig this filter to do this? I used to have a
small powerhead that i bubbled into and it worked really well.

Any suggestions?

All I did with my Interpet canister filter was dig a hole with a drill
bit into the bottom of the strainer. The CO2 tubing was then pushed into
the hole with an angle connector.

http://www.ncasali.demon.co.uk/CO2Intake.jpg

Nikki