GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Echinodorus serial devastator (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/88452-echinodorus-serial-devastator.html)

Nikki Casali 07-01-2005 02:39 PM

Echinodorus serial devastator

Suddenly, something is destroying, one-by-one, my long Echinodorus
leaves. They're being reduced to skeletal leaves at night.

I have Ancistrus, Otocinclus and Upside Down Catfish. Which do you think
is the guilty party?

Is it a coincidence that my tank PO4 level is now a lowish 0.1 ppm? Are
they starved of algae and resorting to eating leaves? If BBA is still
hanging around I can presume that the stuff they thrive on is still present.

Nikki

Nikki Casali 08-01-2005 12:36 AM

Poor buggers. I must be starving them! I just boiled a mini zucchini
(courgette), cut it into small chunks and dropped it in. They do seem
partial to it, even my mollies!