GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Which fert should I reduce to cut algae growth? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/88607-fert-should-i-reduce-cut-algae-growth.html)

Victor Martinez 20-01-2005 03:26 PM

Kay wrote:
I have been using Excel for years for my plants and for algae control,
ever since I have used it, I have never had any algae in my tanks. My
plants grow nicely and I don't have to worry about algae.

I must say I was a bit skeptical at first. However, in my last water
change, I dosed with Excel in the large tank (110g). It's been 3 or 4
days (I dosed again yesterday) and the algae does seem to be
declining!!! I know it's too early to tell, but it seems to be working.
I'll report progress as I see it.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Kay 22-01-2005 06:56 AM

Victor Martinez wrote:
Kay wrote:

I have been using Excel for years for my plants and for algae control,
ever since I have used it, I have never had any algae in my tanks. My
plants grow nicely and I don't have to worry about algae.

I must say I was a bit skeptical at first. However, in my last water
change, I dosed with Excel in the large tank (110g). It's been 3 or 4
days (I dosed again yesterday) and the algae does seem to be
declining!!! I know it's too early to tell, but it seems to be working.
I'll report progress as I see it.

Yes thats what seemed to happen to all my tanks till there was none and
in a shorter time than I expected.

Kay

blank 22-01-2005 08:38 AM

"Kay" wrote in message
m...
Victor Martinez wrote:
Kay wrote:

I have been using Excel for years for my plants and for algae control,
ever since I have used it, I have never had any algae in my tanks. My
plants grow nicely and I don't have to worry about algae.

I must say I was a bit skeptical at first. However, in my last water
change, I dosed with Excel in the large tank (110g). It's been 3 or 4
days (I dosed again yesterday) and the algae does seem to be
declining!!! I know it's too early to tell, but it seems to be working.
I'll report progress as I see it.

Yes thats what seemed to happen to all my tanks till there was none and
in a shorter time than I expected.

Kay

OK, I am going to give it a try. Will add ONLY excel for a few weeks and
see what happens.

Kay 24-01-2005 02:12 AM

blank wrote:
"Kay" wrote in message
m...

Victor Martinez wrote:

Kay wrote:

I have been using Excel for years for my plants and for algae control,
ever since I have used it, I have never had any algae in my tanks. My
plants grow nicely and I don't have to worry about algae.

I must say I was a bit skeptical at first. However, in my last water
change, I dosed with Excel in the large tank (110g). It's been 3 or 4
days (I dosed again yesterday) and the algae does seem to be
declining!!! I know it's too early to tell, but it seems to be working.
I'll report progress as I see it.

Yes thats what seemed to happen to all my tanks till there was none and
in a shorter time than I expected.

Kay

OK, I am going to give it a try. Will add ONLY excel for a few weeks and
see what happens.

Please let us know how you like or dislike it. I think it will work for
you, but let us know anyhow ok?

Kay

Robert Flory 25-01-2005 02:43 AM

Don't dose with Excel if you are using any kind of CO2. I lost a lot of fish
some time back when I got the bright idea of suplimenting my CO2 with Excel.

I'm not sure what the problem was but it was in part species related. I
lost all my Amicus Splendens as well as some cheaper fish. Every one perked
up with a big water change.

bob

Victor Martinez 25-01-2005 01:28 PM

Robert Flory wrote:
Don't dose with Excel if you are using any kind of CO2. I lost a lot of fish
some time back when I got the bright idea of suplimenting my CO2 with Excel.

I don't do CO2. However, Seachem states that Excel is not incompatible
with CO2. Perhaps it was something else that killed your fish?

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Victor Martinez 27-01-2005 02:08 PM

Robert Flory wrote:
I doubt it, two separate tanks, I saved one of my Amica Splendens with a
water change, snapped right out of it. I suspect CO2 OD.

Fluorish excel does not provide CO2.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he