GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Government warning about 13W Globe brand mini spiral fluoprescent screwins (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/89979-government-warning-about-13w-globe-brand-mini-spiral-fluoprescent-screwins.html)

Richard Sexton 19-02-2005 12:20 AM

Government warning about 13W Globe brand mini spiral fluoprescent screwins

serious fire hazards.

http://aquaria.net/articles/lighting/globe/

The (local) fire mashalls office has asked for the widest possible
dissemination of this information as these bulbs are sold
throughout North America.

633CSi 250SE/C 300SD | Killies, killi.net, Crypts, aquaria.net
1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Old wris****ches http://watches.list.mbz.org

Margolis 19-02-2005 04:54 AM

you're really on a campaign against screw in flourescents.

--

Margolis
http://web.archive.org/web/200302152...qs/AGQ2FAQ.htm

Richard Sexton 19-02-2005 04:08 PM

In article ,
Margolis wrote:
you're really on a campaign against screw in flourescents.

Not at all. I have 3 tanks lit up by them but I don't expect
steller plant growth in those tanks. But I do have them in
every light fixture in the house here and when the local
paper caries a warning from the local fiure chief saying
the "safe" ones are unsafe by shooting sparks and smoke
out right in front of a fifefighters eyes and they request
widest possible dissemination of this fact the "safe" ones
aren't, I think it warrents paying attention.