Old 19-02-2005, 12:20 AM
Richard Sexton

Default Government warning about 13W Globe brand mini spiral fluoprescent screwins

serious fire hazards.

http://aquaria.net/articles/lighting/globe/

The (local) fire mashalls office has asked for the widest possible
dissemination of this information as these bulbs are sold
throughout North America.

633CSi 250SE/C 300SD | Killies, killi.net, Crypts, aquaria.net
1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Old wris****ches http://watches.list.mbz.org
Old 19-02-2005, 04:54 AM
Margolis

you're really on a campaign against screw in flourescents.

--

Margolis
http://web.archive.org/web/200302152...qs/AGQ2FAQ.htm

Old 19-02-2005, 04:08 PM
Richard Sexton

In article ,
Margolis wrote:
you're really on a campaign against screw in flourescents.

Not at all. I have 3 tanks lit up by them but I don't expect
steller plant growth in those tanks. But I do have them in
every light fixture in the house here and when the local
paper caries a warning from the local fiure chief saying
the "safe" ones are unsafe by shooting sparks and smoke
out right in front of a fifefighters eyes and they request
widest possible dissemination of this fact the "safe" ones
aren't, I think it warrents paying attention.

633CSi 250SE/C 300SD | Killies, killi.net, Crypts, aquaria.net
1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Old wris****ches http://watches.list.mbz.org

Warning: "Clover Bark Chips" - a brand to be wary of! Eddy United Kingdom 2 24-04-2011 11:02 AM
globe artichoke- price of a globe misterroy United Kingdom 0 03-08-2007 08:21 AM
Globe Artichokes was Globe Articokes The Reids United Kingdom 1 26-06-2004 11:55 AM
Trimming spiral bamboo Jan Bamboo 2 23-01-2004 03:36 AM
Spiral bamboo Jan Bamboo 2 29-10-2003 06:42 PM