Old 17-04-2005, 07:16 PM
Brian Anderson

Default Trimming stem plants

Does anyone know the proper method to trim stem plants? Mine just grow tall
and stringy and I cut them back and replant them and they good for a month
or so and gradually start growing stringy again. I have tried cutting the
tops of to get them to bush out from the sides with no real success. I see
other people aquariums with nice bushy stem plants. How do they do it?

Old 17-04-2005, 08:58 PM
Sandy Birrell

Brian Anderson wrote:
Does anyone know the proper method to trim stem plants? Mine just
grow tall and stringy and I cut them back and replant them and they
good for a month or so and gradually start growing stringy again.
I have tried cutting the tops of to get them to bush out from the
sides with no real success. I see other people aquariums with nice
bushy stem plants. How do they do it?

If they are going 'stringy'as you say then I would say it is too little
light for the plants you are trying to grow. They are stretching for the
available light, the same as seedlings do when grown in shade.

--

Don`t Worry, Be Happy
Sandy

Old 18-04-2005, 02:45 AM
Brian Anderson

That makes sense but I have 75 watts in a 25 gallon tank which for these
plants, I thought should be enough.

"Sandy Birrell" wrote in message
k...

Old 18-04-2005, 08:16 AM
Elaine T

Sandy Birrell wrote:
Brian Anderson wrote:

Does anyone know the proper method to trim stem plants? Mine just
grow tall and stringy and I cut them back and replant them and they
good for a month or so and gradually start growing stringy again.
I have tried cutting the tops of to get them to bush out from the
sides with no real success. I see other people aquariums with nice
bushy stem plants. How do they do it?

If they are going 'stringy'as you say then I would say it is too little
light for the plants you are trying to grow. They are stretching for the
available light, the same as seedlings do when grown in shade.

What kind of plant?

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__