Old 04-06-2005, 03:32 PM
Shagster

Default good average water temp?

Hello,

What's a good average water temperature for a planted tank?? I've been
keeping mine between 74 and 79 degrees.. Is that too cool?? I've seen
others post average temps at or above 80... A partial list of my plants is
below:

Crypto wendtii (green and brown)
Crypto lucens
Dwarg sag
Hornwort
Anubias
Pennywort
Amazon swords
Vallisaneria

Thanks,
Troy

Old 04-06-2005, 03:49 PM
Steve

Shagster wrote:
Hello,

What's a good average water temperature for a planted tank?? I've been
keeping mine between 74 and 79 degrees.. Is that too cool?? I've seen
others post average temps at or above 80... A partial list of my plants is
below:

Crypto wendtii (green and brown)
Crypto lucens
Dwarg sag
Hornwort
Anubias
Pennywort
Amazon swords
Vallisaneria

Thanks,
Troy

Hi,
Your water temperature sounds perfect for almost all plants and many
fish. Equally important is temperature stablity; if it cycles up and
down between 74-76 or 76-78 in a 24 hour period that's fine. I wouldn't
want it to vary daily between 74-79 because of the fish, although as a
seasonal this is fine.

Baensch's Aquarium Atlas has information about recommended temperature
for specific fish and plants.
Steve

Old 06-06-2005, 12:03 PM
Dick

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 10:32:23 -0400, "Shagster" wrote:

Hello,

What's a good average water temperature for a planted tank?? I've been
keeping mine between 74 and 79 degrees.. Is that too cool?? I've seen
others post average temps at or above 80... A partial list of my plants is
below:

Crypto wendtii (green and brown)
Crypto lucens
Dwarg sag
Hornwort
Anubias
Pennywort
Amazon swords
Vallisaneria

Thanks,
Troy

I keep my 5 tanks at 76 to 78 although one tank pushes 81 in the
summer. I have never figured out why it is different, but 81 seems ok
to the fish so far as I can tell.

dick