GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Cabomba rooting (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/95356-cabomba-rooting.html)

Bill Stock 05-06-2005 04:08 AM

Cabomba rooting

Should I just let my Cabomba sit on the gravel with the lead weights or
actually put it under the substrate?

Paul A. Ergh 05-06-2005 04:23 AM

IME it will root either way. Also, IME and depending on the tank setup,
Cabomba will grow so fast (3" in a single day wasn't unusual) and lush that
you may be ripping it out soon in order to replace it with a different type
of plant :-(

Bill Stock 05-06-2005 04:28 AM

"Bill Stock" wrote in message
Should I just let my Cabomba sit on the gravel with the lead weights or
actually put it under the substrate?

I hope you're right, for now. :) I fear my water is too alkali (7.5+)
though.