GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Dumb Question?? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/96814-dumb-question.html)

Connie 02-07-2005 11:29 PM

Dumb Question??

Ok, I have plants now. They are in my tank all nice, NOW. So.... when it
comes to suctioning my gravel, and dumping water in the tank, how do I do
this without destroying the plants. How will they ever root? Also, I have a
java fern rubber banded to one of my decor, is this correct?

Thanks...

Pammy 03-07-2005 09:46 AM

If your plants are thriving and utilizing the wastes in your tank there
may be a decreased need to suction your gravel. You may want to
reseach planted tank as it relates to cleaning/suctioning.
The way to avoid making a crater in your substrate is to place a plate
or similiar flat item(that has never seen soap) in your tank
temporairally. while you are filling the tank. Then pour your water
slowly onto the plate.