Old 08-03-2003, 02:58 PM
Paul T

Default Rusty brown leaves!

mmm - I have exactly the same problem here in Macclesfield, UK. Pat, I'll
be interested to know if you receive any answers to this one. One
suggestion that has been made to me (by my local dealer) is that an excess
of phosphates in the water could be the reason. I am currently looking into
this to try and learn some of the chemistry behind the subject before I
start dumping more chemicals into the water!! My dealer has sold me a
product called "PhosGuard" (manufactured by Seachem) which is intended to
correct the problem if indeed his diagnosis is correct.

Paul T.

"Pat" wrote in message
.. .
Hi,
why do some of the green plants have brownish coloration after a while?
Iron or light deficiency? One such plant I'm concerned about is
Ceratopteris thalictroides. Any suggestions?
TIA
Mishtaah ICQ#: 1339628 Current ICQ status: ( Home Tel#: na na na ( Work
Tel#: la la la 7 Fax#: up yourz + More ways to contact me