GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   My plant gallery (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/9855-my-plant-gallery.html)

E. Mito 09-03-2003 02:20 AM

My plant gallery

I just finished updating my website 'plant gallery' -- it includes pictures of
nearly all of the plants I have. (With the exception of the stargrass,
anubias, and nomaphila, which I could not get good pictures of). If you'd like
to take a look, here's the site:

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mitoem/mitoem/plants.htm

I'm pretty certain of the ID's of the plants, but if anyone finds errors,
please let me know.

Thanks to Dave Millman for the Windelov java fern, Java moss, and ambulia (no
pic available yet); Steve Maier for the Lobelia cardinalis; and Nsty N8 for the
pennywort and stargrass (no, I didn't trade a car or Gina Gershon's phone # for
the plants). :)

Erica
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mitoem/mitoem/index.htm

Ghazanfar Ghori 10-03-2003 03:32 PM

My plant gallery

The plant you've got labelled ludwigia mullertii looks like ludwigia repens.
Mullertii has a narrower leaf.

Tony 15-03-2003 12:44 AM

My plant gallery

Very nice photos.

I really like the fish bowl with external plant growth.

Tony

E. Mito 15-03-2003 01:33 AM

My plant gallery

In article ,
(Tony) writes:

I really like the fish bowl with external plant growth

This was really not intended to be -- on a whim I bought a nice looking plant
that I thought would make for a good-looking tank carpet (the Mondo grass -- my
LFS was selling it as an aquatic plant, but then they are not really big on
plant info). When I noticed it was starting to die completely submerged, I
looked up its info and found it was actually a bog plant, so moved it to a
spare betta bowl I had. I wasn't optimistic that it would make it, but after
forgetting about it for a couple of months, I noticed that it was doing fine.
So I added some philodendron clippings, java moss, java fern, some ramshorn and
pond snails, and it has turned out to be a really nice little mantelpiece
addition!

Thanks for looking. :)