GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Male hummingbird on perch (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/152989-male-hummingbird-perch.html)

Padraig 07-12-2006 04:00 PM

Male hummingbird on perch

1 Attachment(s)
One of his favorite spots. He'll sit there waiting for another male to come
in to the yard and challenge him - then he'll chase the new guy away. If
it's a female he'll chase her for another reason.

Anna's hummingbird males have nothing to do with raising the family. The
female is on her own.

--
Paddy's pig
-----------------

To reply it's bell not bull

Bob Williams[_2_] 07-12-2006 08:14 PM

Male hummingbird on perch

Padraig wrote:
One of his favorite spots. He'll sit there waiting for another male to come
in to the yard and challenge him - then he'll chase the new guy away. If
it's a female he'll chase her for another reason.

Anna's hummingbird males have nothing to do with raising the family. The
female is on her own.

That one is a real keeper!
Now if you could only clone the bright irridescent red from another
Hummer shot onto this bird, you will have a Prize Winner.
Bob Williams

Sean[_2_] 09-12-2006 03:12 AM

Male hummingbird on perch

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 08:00:00 -0800, "Padraig"
reverently intoned upon the aether:

One of his favorite spots. He'll sit there waiting for another male to come
in to the yard and challenge him - then he'll chase the new guy away. If
it's a female he'll chase her for another reason.

Anna's hummingbird males have nothing to do with raising the family. The
female is on her own.

Looks good. The background works well.

enjoy,

Sean

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies,
but the silence of our friends."

- Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968)

http://www.envisagement.com/

Mary Fisher 09-12-2006 11:13 AM

Male hummingbird on perch

"Sean" wrote in message
On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 08:00:00 -0800, "Padraig"
reverently intoned upon the aether:

One of his favorite spots. He'll sit there waiting for another male to
come
in to the yard and challenge him - then he'll chase the new guy away. If
it's a female he'll chase her for another reason.

Anna's hummingbird males have nothing to do with raising the family. The
female is on her own.

One of my isp's servers has been down and I've had no posts for two days.
I'm upset that I missed one of Padraig's hummers, would it be possible for
you to mail it to me, please?

Mary

Bill Ko 10-12-2006 10:12 PM

Male hummingbird on perch

"Padraig" wrote:
One of his favorite spots. He'll sit there waiting for another male to come
in to the yard and challenge him - then he'll chase the new guy away. If
it's a female he'll chase her for another reason.

Anna's hummingbird males have nothing to do with raising the family. The
female is on her own.

--
Paddy's pig

To reply it's bell not bull

[ Male hummingbird on perch.jpg ] (Attachment)

Very nice - as usual, Pat!

Bill