GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   ornamental corn plant ? - 1 attachment (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/153026-ornamental-corn-plant-1-attachment.html)

hawk 19-12-2006 10:44 PM

ornamental corn plant ? - 1 attachment

1 Attachment(s)
I have an ornamental corn plant in my backyard which
has sprouted babies. Does anyone know what happens next?
I would like to grow as many as I can.

hawk[_2_] 22-12-2006 10:15 PM

ornamental corn plant ? - 1 attachment

2 Attachment(s)
bloomed after dark. very fragrant

Omelet 23-12-2006 02:12 PM

ornamental corn plant ? - 1 attachment

In article NNYih.43$6_.22@trnddc07, "hawk"
wrote:

bloomed after dark. very fragrant

begin 666 nightbloom.jpg
[Image]

end

begin 666 nightbloom1.jpg
[Image]

end

I know what you mean about the fragrance. :-)
I recognize the plant and bloom. They have one in the hospital dining
room where I work and it bloomed about 3 years ago.

The smell is divine and it scented the entire room!
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

joevan 23-12-2006 06:48 PM

ornamental corn plant ? - 1 attachment

wrote:

bloomed after dark. very fragrant

begin 666 nightbloom.jpg
[Image]

end

begin 666 nightbloom1.jpg
[Image]

end

I know what you mean about the fragrance. :-)
I recognize the plant and bloom. They have one in the hospital dining
room where I work and it bloomed about 3 years ago.

The smell is divine and it scented the entire room!

Once many moons ago one bloomed in the room just outside our bedroom.
I had to remome it to a far distant place so that we could sleep.
After too much of that smell it becomes sick sweet smelling. Too much
sweet is not good sometimes.

joevan 23-12-2006 06:50 PM

ornamental corn plant ? - 1 attachment

wrote:

bloomed after dark. very fragrant

begin 666 nightbloom.jpg
[Image]

end

begin 666 nightbloom1.jpg
[Image]

end

I know what you mean about the fragrance. :-)
I recognize the plant and bloom. They have one in the hospital dining
room where I work and it bloomed about 3 years ago.

The smell is divine and it scented the entire room!

Once many moons ago one bloomed in the room just outside our bedroom.
I had to remove it to a far distant place so that we could sleep.
After too much of that smell it becomes sick sweet smelling. Too much
sweet is not good sometimes.

Changed remome to remove.

Omelet 23-12-2006 07:38 PM

ornamental corn plant ? - 1 attachment

wrote:

bloomed after dark. very fragrant

begin 666 nightbloom.jpg
[Image]

end

begin 666 nightbloom1.jpg
[Image]

end

I know what you mean about the fragrance. :-)
I recognize the plant and bloom. They have one in the hospital dining
room where I work and it bloomed about 3 years ago.

The smell is divine and it scented the entire room!

Once many moons ago one bloomed in the room just outside our bedroom.
I had to remove it to a far distant place so that we could sleep.
After too much of that smell it becomes sick sweet smelling. Too much
sweet is not good sometimes.

Changed remome to remove.

We knew what you meant I'm sure! lol
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

MadCow 23-12-2006 11:34 PM

ornamental corn plant ? - 1 attachment

In message NNYih.43$6_.22@trnddc07, hawk writes
bloomed after dark. very fragrant

[ A UUEncoded file (nightbloom.jpg) was included here. ]

[ A UUEncoded file (nightbloom1.jpg) was included here. ]

You're right, it isn't corn.

--
Sue ]:(:)

Garrapata 27-12-2006 08:33 PM

ornamental corn plant ? - 1 attachment

On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 08:12:56 -0600, Omelet wrote:

I recognize the plant and bloom. They have one in the hospital dining
room where I work and it bloomed about 3 years ago.

The smell is divine and it scented the entire room!
--

I took care of the interior plants at the local hospital and these
bloomed occasionally, once I had to move one out of a waiting room

09=ix

Omelet 27-12-2006 08:43 PM

Garrapata wrote:

On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 08:12:56 -0600, Omelet wrote:

I recognize the plant and bloom. They have one in the hospital dining
room where I work and it bloomed about 3 years ago.

The smell is divine and it scented the entire room!
--

I took care of the interior plants at the local hospital and these
bloomed occasionally, once I had to move one out of a waiting room
because the smell was too overpowering for the staff.

Amazing aren't they? :-)

I'm seriously considering trying to get one for the greenhouse.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Ann 28-12-2006 02:25 AM

ornamental corn plant ? - 1 attachment

MadCow expounded:

In message NNYih.43$6_.22@trnddc07, hawk writes
bloomed after dark. very fragrant

[ A UUEncoded file (nightbloom.jpg) was included here. ]

[ A UUEncoded file (nightbloom1.jpg) was included here. ]

You're right, it isn't corn.

Tis the problem with common names...

To the OP, that's very interesting, I've never seen one bloom.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts