GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tillandsias (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/153098-tillandsias.html)

wendy7 04-01-2007 04:03 PM

Tillandsias

1 Attachment(s)
Just one little Tillandsia flower wanting to have it's picture taken!

--
Cheers Wendy

No Spam Email Address Invalid

Mary Fisher 04-01-2007 05:03 PM

Tillandsias

1 Attachment(s)

"wendy7" wrote in message
Just one little Tillandsia flower wanting to have it's picture taken!

Hey! I've got one of those plants on my kitchen window sill but I never knew
it was a bromeliad. At least, I think it is - here's a not very good
picture.

Does that mean I should stop watering it?

Mary

wendy7 07-01-2007 03:28 AM

Tillandsias

Good growing to you Mary, your plant could be Billbergia nutans & is in the
Bromeliad family.
I grow mine out side here in S.Calif & never stop watering. They are planted
in a very coarse mix so that they drain fast & I water in the cup or tube as well.

Mary Fisher 07-01-2007 11:53 AM

Tillandsias

"wendy7" wrote in message
Good growing to you Mary, your plant could be Billbergia nutans & is in
the
Bromeliad family.
I grow mine out side here in S.Calif & never stop watering. They are
planted
in a very coarse mix so that they drain fast & I water in the cup or tube
as well.

Thanks, Wendy, I thought bromeliads shouldn't be watered ... mine is in a
potting compost and the pot is in a container, I always water from the
bottom. The flower is stunning but it doesn't flower often.

I'm going to have to do a lot of learning!

Mary