Old 04-01-2007, 04:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Tillandsias

Just one little Tillandsia flower wanting to have it's picture taken!

--
Cheers Wendy

No Spam Email Address Invalid

Attached Thumbnails
Tillandsias-tillandsias-dsc00155.jpg
Old 04-01-2007, 05:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"wendy7" wrote in message
Just one little Tillandsia flower wanting to have it's picture taken!

Hey! I've got one of those plants on my kitchen window sill but I never knew
it was a bromeliad. At least, I think it is - here's a not very good
picture.

Does that mean I should stop watering it?

Mary

Attached Thumbnails
Tillandsias-dscf0074.jpg
Old 07-01-2007, 03:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Good growing to you Mary, your plant could be Billbergia nutans & is in the
Bromeliad family.
I grow mine out side here in S.Calif & never stop watering. They are planted
in a very coarse mix so that they drain fast & I water in the cup or tube as well.

Old 07-01-2007, 11:53 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"wendy7" wrote in message
Good growing to you Mary, your plant could be Billbergia nutans & is in
the
Bromeliad family.
I grow mine out side here in S.Calif & never stop watering. They are
planted
in a very coarse mix so that they drain fast & I water in the cup or tube
as well.

Thanks, Wendy, I thought bromeliads shouldn't be watered ... mine is in a
potting compost and the pot is in a container, I always water from the
bottom. The flower is stunning but it doesn't flower often.

I'm going to have to do a lot of learning!

Mary

[IMG] code is On

My Tillandsias Wendy7 Garden Photos 0 06-04-2010 07:03 AM
Tillandsias Wendy7 Garden Photos 0 21-02-2010 06:13 AM
Menagerie of Tillandsias (Air Plants) Wendy7 Garden Photos 3 25-08-2007 10:09 PM
Slightly OT...Tillandsias Question-NO copper wire Wendy Orchids 2 12-10-2003 08:42 PM
Slightly OT...Tillandsias Question Shell91 Orchids 14 10-09-2003 10:45 AM