GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   orchid (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/156182-orchid.html)

someone 01-04-2007 11:51 PM

orchid

1 Attachment(s)
Seventeen years ago in Singapore I bought a small glass jam jar containing
about 15 1-2 millimetre orchid clones in some sort of sterile gel from the
botanic garden. Over the years they have all died or been lost, however, I
have one left. And this is it! This is the first time it has flowered in
seventeen years, and the perfume is divine!

someone

someone 02-04-2007 12:01 AM

orchid

"someone" wrote in message
Seventeen years ago in Singapore I bought a small glass jam jar containing
about 15 1-2 millimetre orchid clones in some sort of sterile gel from

the
botanic garden. Over the years they have all died or been lost, however,

have one left. And this is it! This is the first time it has flowered in
seventeen years, and the perfume is divine!

someone

My apologies to everyone for such a huge photo, I didn't know it would be so
large. I only have a 1.5 px camera, so I thought it would be smaller.

someone

wendy7 02-04-2007 02:39 AM

orchid

Very pretty & worth the wait, *g*, do you have a name? Looks like it could
be Laeliacattleya?
Cheers Wendy

someone 03-04-2007 07:45 PM

orchid

Thanks, Wendy, and for the hint as to name, Laeliocattleya does ring a
distant bell. Somewhere in my ancient box of garden stuff I think I still
have the label, but you've certainly sent me in the right direction.

Kind regards,

someone