Old 27-04-2007, 10:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default A Bunch of Epis

My Epiphyllums are going crazy.
Every day I get 8-10 new blooms.
Right now, just the white ones are blooming.
The colored ones (gold, red, purple) will probably bloom a little later.
Keep tuned.
Bob Williams

Attached Thumbnails
A Bunch of Epis-epi-group-m.jpg
Old 27-04-2007, 02:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 02:16:55 -0700, Bob Williams
wrote:

My Epiphyllums are going crazy.
Every day I get 8-10 new blooms.
Right now, just the white ones are blooming.
The colored ones (gold, red, purple) will probably bloom a little later.
Keep tuned.
Bob Williams

What an amazing plant - I've not seen one before -
And, love the shot of the bud only -

Are you in a warm climate?

Thanks for sharing these,

seph
Old 27-04-2007, 09:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

wrote:

My Epiphyllums are going crazy.
Every day I get 8-10 new blooms.
Right now, just the white ones are blooming.
The colored ones (gold, red, purple) will probably bloom a little later.
Keep tuned.
Bob Williams

What an amazing plant - I've not seen one before -
And, love the shot of the bud only -

Are you in a warm climate?

Thanks for sharing these,

seph

Thank You.

I would describe the climate in coastal San Diego as sunny but
perpetually mild.
Never freezes, rarely rains and the temperature very rarely goes over 85°F
Sort of like Camelot West :-)
Bob

Old 28-04-2007, 12:25 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

They are absolutely georgeous!

--
"God has a plan for me. I don't know what that is, and I'm
not leaving until I find out."

BetsyB

Old 28-04-2007, 12:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

wrote:

My Epiphyllums are going crazy.
Every day I get 8-10 new blooms.
Right now, just the white ones are blooming.
The colored ones (gold, red, purple) will probably bloom a little later.
Keep tuned.
Bob Williams

What an amazing plant - I've not seen one before -
And, love the shot of the bud only -

Are you in a warm climate?

Thanks for sharing these,

seph

Thank You.

I would describe the climate in coastal San Diego as sunny but
perpetually mild.
Never freezes, rarely rains and the temperature very rarely goes over 85°F
Sort of like Camelot West :-)
Bob

Sounds like paradise for growing flowers, aside from no rain - as we
sit in the middle of a 'gully womper' - We're in east/central Ontario,
Canada by a lake, and the rain is so heavy we can barely see the lake
-

I'm thinking this lovely plant would never survive in our climate -

Thank you again, Bob

seph

Old 29-04-2007, 12:27 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

wrote:

[...]

Probably not outside, but you can keep them indoors over the winter and put
them outside in the late spring. I live in England and keep some of mine
indoors and some outside in a heated greenhouse that doesn't go much below
40F. Mine are nowhere near as beautiful as Bob's, but they're hanging in
there. Lucky you, having rain, England is becoming drought-stricken.

I'm from Ottawa, haven't heard the term gully womper for forty years!

someone

Old 29-04-2007, 02:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 00:27:03 +0100, "someone"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

I was thinking the same thing - If I can find a plant, I'll see what
it does in the house over winter - my begonia plants are brought in
and they survive and flower nearly all winter, so perhaps this plant
would like it inside as well -

40 yrs for 'gully womper', eh - that sounds about right - a very
old term that I still use for storms like we had the other night -
aside from that one heavy rain, Ontario is under a burning ban because
of being so dry -

Do hope you get some rain soon - being that dry is dangerous...

Thanks for the info -

seph...