GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bletilla striata albescens (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/159701-bletilla-striata-albescens.html)

tennis maynard 07-06-2007 07:00 AM

Bletilla striata albescens

1 Attachment(s)
A hardy terrestrial orchid from China, this does well here in Ohio and
even has a fragrance. It is one of three color forms of this orchid
species in my front yard.

Jane Doe 07-06-2007 02:14 PM

Bletilla striata albescens

Beautiful, I wish that we had orchids growing in our yard. The only orchids
that we have are the one's that I grow in pots, cork, and various wood
*slabs*.

-Mariana
Monmouth County, NJ.

wendy7 08-06-2007 12:09 AM

Bletilla striata albescens

Very nice Tennis, I must pay more attention to when mine bloom. They have
finished now just lots of greenery.
I have never seen a white, mine are the fuschia coloured ones.
What mix do you grow yours in?
Cheers Wendy

tennis maynard 08-06-2007 02:50 AM

Wendy7 wrote:
Very nice Tennis, I must pay more attention to when mine bloom. They
have finished now just lots of greenery.
I have never seen a white, mine are the fuschia coloured ones.
What mix do you grow yours in?
Cheers Wendy
"tennis maynard" wrote in message

A hardy terrestrial orchid from China, this does well here in Ohio and
even has a fragrance. It is one of three color forms of this orchid
species in my front yard.

No mix, just dirt. Well, I did amend the clay here as usual with a
little this and a little that. But they're just in the ground out in the
front yard. I mulch them a little more for the winter. The cyps,
however, are in mostly sand in a raised bed nearby.