Old 07-06-2007, 07:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Bletilla striata albescens

A hardy terrestrial orchid from China, this does well here in Ohio and
even has a fragrance. It is one of three color forms of this orchid
species in my front yard.

Attached Thumbnails
Bletilla striata albescens-bletillastriataalbescens1.jpg
Old 07-06-2007, 02:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Beautiful, I wish that we had orchids growing in our yard. The only orchids
that we have are the one's that I grow in pots, cork, and various wood
*slabs*.

-Mariana
Monmouth County, NJ.

Old 08-06-2007, 12:09 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Very nice Tennis, I must pay more attention to when mine bloom. They have
finished now just lots of greenery.
I have never seen a white, mine are the fuschia coloured ones.
What mix do you grow yours in?
Cheers Wendy

Old 08-06-2007, 02:50 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Wendy7 wrote:
Very nice Tennis, I must pay more attention to when mine bloom. They
have finished now just lots of greenery.
I have never seen a white, mine are the fuschia coloured ones.
What mix do you grow yours in?
Cheers Wendy
"tennis maynard" wrote in message

A hardy terrestrial orchid from China, this does well here in Ohio and
even has a fragrance. It is one of three color forms of this orchid
species in my front yard.

No mix, just dirt. Well, I did amend the clay here as usual with a
little this and a little that. But they're just in the ground out in the
front yard. I mulch them a little more for the winter. The cyps,
however, are in mostly sand in a raised bed nearby.

[IMG] code is On

Bletilla striata albescens tenman Orchid Photos 2 07-06-2008 08:56 PM
Bletilla striata tenman Orchid Photos 0 07-06-2008 04:02 AM
Bletilla striata albescens tennis maynard Orchid Photos 0 07-06-2007 07:05 AM
Bletilla striata 1 P Max Orchid Photos 0 01-03-2007 11:14 AM
Bletilla striata hardiness? Myrmecodia Orchids 4 15-07-2003 06:42 AM