GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Shasta Daisy (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/160082-shasta-daisy.html)

Jane Doe 13-06-2007 09:40 PM

Shasta Daisy

1 Attachment(s)

Ann 14-06-2007 01:40 AM

Shasta Daisy

"Jane Doe" expounded:

Hmm, that doesn't look like a shasta daisy that I know, they're white
around here.....
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Mary Fisher 14-06-2007 11:22 AM

Shasta Daisy

1 Attachment(s)

"Ann" wrote in message
"Jane Doe" expounded:

Hmm, that doesn't look like a shasta daisy that I know, they're white
around here.....

I bought a couple of Shasta Daisies this spring, only one flowered and it
had a mass of loose white petals, it was lovely but I never got round to
shooting it :-(

This, from Google, is what it was like.

Mary

readandpostrosie 14-06-2007 05:38 PM

Shasta Daisy

that looks more like a mum.

Jane Doe 15-06-2007 02:12 PM

Shasta Daisy

Label says Shasta Daisy.

If it is not, can you perhaps ID it for me?

Thanks in advance,
Mariana

Ann 15-06-2007 03:58 PM

Shasta Daisy

"Jane Doe" expounded:

Label says Shasta Daisy.

If it is not, can you perhaps ID it for me?

Thanks in advance,
Mariana

"Ann" wrote in message
.. .
"Jane Doe" expounded:

Hmm, that doesn't look like a shasta daisy that I know, they're white
around here.....
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
e-mail address is not checked
******************************

Jane, that's the problem with common names, that plant could be
anything. Without being able to see the leaves, etc. I really have no
idea what it is. Could be a mum.

Jane Doe 15-06-2007 05:09 PM

Shasta Daisy

I'll take a photo of the leaves and post them.

Might be a mum, but I didn't realize that Mums flower now. Mums always
flowered in the very late fall for me.

-Mariana

"Ann" wrote in message
"Jane Doe" expounded:

Label says Shasta Daisy.

If it is not, can you perhaps ID it for me?

Thanks in advance,
Mariana

. ..

Jane Doe 17-06-2007 02:25 AM

Shasta Daisy

2 Attachment(s)
Ann,

I'm attaching 2 photos of the leaves, hoping to ID it.

Thank you,
Mariana

"Ann" wrote in message
"Jane Doe" expounded:

Label says Shasta Daisy.

If it is not, can you perhaps ID it for me?

Thanks in advance,
Mariana

. ..

Garrapata 17-06-2007 07:02 AM

Shasta Daisy

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 20:40:08 -0400, Ann wrote:

Hmm, that doesn't look like a shasta daisy that I know, they're white
around here.....

Originally Shasta was a hybrid created by Luther Burbank (Chrysanthemum
maximum x C. leucanthemum) it became very popular but because it didn't
come true from seed gradually changed and became a class of Daisies that
were extensively hybridized and there are now many forms, large and
small, single and double and though I have only seen white, the pictures
posted look like Shastas.
--

09=ix

Ann 19-06-2007 01:41 AM

Shasta Daisy

"Jane Doe" expounded:

I'm attaching 2 photos of the leaves, hoping to ID it.

I'm sorry, Marianna, but I don't know what they are. The foliage does
look like one plant that's known as a Shasta Daisy, but again, I've
never seen a yellow one. Doesn't mean they don't exist, I just don't
know it.