GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What is this? (2 photos) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/160782-what-2-photos.html)

pe.rhodes 26-06-2007 04:13 AM

What is this? (2 photos)

2 Attachment(s)
It prospers neglected here at Westport, where there is either too much rain
or not enough - due to the sandy ground, the water table is low in the
summer. Right now, and for the past week, the plant has been covered with
bees and hornets, and the odd rufour hummingbird, but there is no odor from
the little white flowers with pink centers. I can't find it in any book
dealing with local plants, so it must be a foreigner, but I don't see it
anywhere else in the community.
Help, please.... what is it? Should I worry about it spreading?

pe.rhodes 26-06-2007 04:16 AM

What is this? (2 photos)

1 Attachment(s)
Here's another shot.
PS there's a couple of very young sparrows in the pot.

. ..

pe.rhodes 26-06-2007 04:23 AM

What is this? (2 photos)

1 Attachment(s)
It's darn wet, sometimes. The leaves fall off of the bush, and the little
red berries stay until they dry out. Berries have a sort of waxy finish, and
are soft.

. ..

pe.rhodes 26-06-2007 04:26 AM

What is this?

1 Attachment(s)
Another winter shot - this little Annas female spent the winter here.

At Westport, Washington State, 125 degrees west, 47 degrees north (or so)

"pe.rhodes" wrote in message
It's darn wet, sometimes. The leaves fall off of the bush, and the little
red berries stay until they dry out. Berries have a sort of waxy finish,
and
are soft.

. ..