Old 07-07-2007, 05:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default My vegetable garden 070707 - Veg_Garden070707.jpg (0/1)

This garden is producing more zucchini (foreground) than anyone wants
(the neighbors won't answer the door when we attempt to give them
away). We got ripe early girl and cherry tomatoes every day now. Four
other tomato varieties soon to come. Picked a bushel of green beans
and more to come. Green/yellow pepper plants just beginning to
produce. Lots of cucumbers (on the right). White sweet corn may be
harvested in a week or two. Pumpkins are hiding in the corn--we keep
pulling it off the fence. Radishes are gone. One basil plant and two
chive clusters growing nicely. It has been a chore watering the
garden--we use the pond water, thankfully got a good rain the other
day. Bluebird had her brood and flew the coop.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Phisherman wrote:
This garden is producing more zucchini (foreground) than anyone wants
(the neighbors won't answer the door when we attempt to give them
away). We got ripe early girl and cherry tomatoes every day now. Four
other tomato varieties soon to come. Picked a bushel of green beans
and more to come. Green/yellow pepper plants just beginning to
produce. Lots of cucumbers (on the right). White sweet corn may be
harvested in a week or two. Pumpkins are hiding in the corn--we keep
pulling it off the fence. Radishes are gone. One basil plant and two
chive clusters growing nicely. It has been a chore watering the
garden--we use the pond water, thankfully got a good rain the other
day. Bluebird had her brood and flew the coop.

From the fence it looks likee you have problems with some sort of
forager - deer or rabbits?

Where are you - I'm jealous - my tomatoes won't be red til next month
and my hibiscus won't bloom til then, either. Of course, that's up here
in the great arctic wastes of Ohio. Global warming? Bah! Our frost-free
season has dropped from about seven months (late March - late Oct) to
just three - June - Aug. More like global COOLING !!
Old 07-07-2007, 06:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 12:50:00 -0400, tennis maynard
wrote:

Phisherman wrote:
This garden is producing more zucchini (foreground) than anyone wants
(the neighbors won't answer the door when we attempt to give them
away). We got ripe early girl and cherry tomatoes every day now. Four
other tomato varieties soon to come. Picked a bushel of green beans
and more to come. Green/yellow pepper plants just beginning to
produce. Lots of cucumbers (on the right). White sweet corn may be
harvested in a week or two. Pumpkins are hiding in the corn--we keep
pulling it off the fence. Radishes are gone. One basil plant and two
chive clusters growing nicely. It has been a chore watering the
garden--we use the pond water, thankfully got a good rain the other
day. Bluebird had her brood and flew the coop.

From the fence it looks likee you have problems with some sort of
forager - deer or rabbits?

Both deer and rabbits! Plus raccoons, box turtles, groundhogs. Would
not have any corn without the electric fence.

Where are you - I'm jealous - my tomatoes won't be red til next month
and my hibiscus won't bloom til then, either. Of course, that's up here
in the great arctic wastes of Ohio. Global warming? Bah! Our frost-free
season has dropped from about seven months (late March - late Oct) to
just three - June - Aug. More like global COOLING !!

This is east TN--very hot. Ohio has the very BEST climate for
tomatoes!