Old 18-07-2007, 05:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Default Gateway sentinel - verbascum.jpg

I know many consider them weeds, and they do see all over the place,
but this one planted itself perfectly, and I've enjoyed it all season.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Attached Images
File Type: jpg verbascum.jpg (196.2 KB, 64 views)
Old 18-07-2007, 05:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Ann expounded:

see

of course that should be seed
Old 18-07-2007, 08:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
Ann wrote:

I know many consider them weeds, and they do see all over the place,
but this one planted itself perfectly, and I've enjoyed it all season.

Looks like what I call Mullien.

I have one or two about.

Bill

http://www.flickr.vip.mud.yahoo.com/...327773/in/phot
ostream/

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

Old 19-07-2007, 10:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

"betsyb" expounded:

My neighbor ahs a couple, I am wondering if they transplant well? Or are
there seeds I should be looking for?

Oh, there will be *plenty* of seeds G They're actually quite weedy.
But I still love them.

Old 19-07-2007, 11:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

I haven't seen them grow there before. I found them kinda neat. Soon as the
rain stops I will shake them a bit for stray seeds.

--
BetsyB
"Ann" wrote in message
news
"betsyb" expounded:

Old 10-08-2007, 10:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Ann wrote in news:nsfs93d72o20k4nk4e4n91f6p3e8a1kofm@
4ax.com:

I know many consider them weeds, and they do see all over the place,
but this one planted itself perfectly, and I've enjoyed it all season.

I like mullein.

The local herbalist tells me that the flowers infused in oil make a good
earache treatment.

Old 10-08-2007, 11:54 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

FragileWarrior expounded:

I like mullein.

So do I )

The local herbalist tells me that the flowers infused in oil make a good
earache treatment.

It's amazing what different 'weeds' can be used for!