GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Container Tomato Garden 2 (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/161919-container-tomato-garden-2-a.html)

wendy7 19-07-2007 09:26 PM

Container Tomato Garden 2

2 Attachment(s)
I thought I would try my hand at vegetable container gardening.

My hubby split a 55 gal drum & it sits on cement blocks. The plants already
had flowers
and are bearing fruit already.

Cheers Wendy

Joan F \(MI\)[_17_] 19-07-2007 11:05 PM

Container Tomato Garden 2

1 Attachment(s)
Most of my gardening is in containers. Not neat like yours, these have been
in use for a long time and have lots of messy volunteers. I am not very
good at weeding. There are some tomato plants hiding in some of those
jungles. The dark leaved plants are perilla nankinensis. I bought one
plant years ago and have had multitudes ever since. It's an herb/veggie
with a bit of a bite, nice mixed in with tomatoes, and a rather attractive
plant.

readandpostrosie 20-07-2007 12:35 AM

Container Tomato Garden 2

now, THAT is container gardening!

Joan F \(MI\)[_18_] 20-07-2007 02:12 AM

Container Tomato Garden 2

That's what you have to do when you don't have dirt in your yard. Half the
yard is a swimming pool built of cement blocks that is no longer in use, the
rest of the yard is cement, either patio blocks or paving. Jimmy put
outdoor carpeting on it, thus the blue color.

readandpostrosie 20-07-2007 04:18 PM

Container Tomato Garden 2

love it!