Old 19-07-2007, 09:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Container Tomato Garden 2

I thought I would try my hand at vegetable container gardening.

My hubby split a 55 gal drum & it sits on cement blocks. The plants already
had flowers
and are bearing fruit already.

Cheers Wendy

Attached Thumbnails
Container Tomato Garden 2-tomato-h-juliet-dsc01091.jpg   Container Tomato Garden 2-tomatoearlygirldsc01090.jpg
Old 19-07-2007, 11:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Most of my gardening is in containers. Not neat like yours, these have been
in use for a long time and have lots of messy volunteers. I am not very
good at weeding. There are some tomato plants hiding in some of those
jungles. The dark leaved plants are perilla nankinensis. I bought one
plant years ago and have had multitudes ever since. It's an herb/veggie
with a bit of a bite, nice mixed in with tomatoes, and a rather attractive
plant.

Wendy7 wrote:
| I thought I would try my hand at vegetable container gardening.
|
| My hubby split a 55 gal drum & it sits on cement blocks. The plants
| already had flowers
| and are bearing fruit already.
|
| Cheers Wendy

Attached Thumbnails
Container Tomato Garden 2-containers.jpg
Old 20-07-2007, 12:35 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

now, THAT is container gardening!

Old 20-07-2007, 02:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

That's what you have to do when you don't have dirt in your yard. Half the
yard is a swimming pool built of cement blocks that is no longer in use, the
rest of the yard is cement, either patio blocks or paving. Jimmy put
outdoor carpeting on it, thus the blue color.

Old 20-07-2007, 04:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

love it!