Old 25-07-2007, 05:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Philadelphia Flower Show - The Rest 13

Attached Thumbnails
Philadelphia Flower Show  - The Rest 13-abc1c-224a.jpg   Philadelphia Flower Show  - The Rest 13-abc1c-223a.jpg
Old 25-07-2007, 06:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 16:24:34 GMT, "Jane Doe"
wrote:

Some nice shots, even some things I didn't see when I visited the
show. This one, could be from my own place. Hippeastrum 'Cantate'
Won a blue ribbon in 96 for one of these.
Old 25-07-2007, 08:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Thank you. Personally I was quite disappointed at the show I expected more
displays less vendors, a bit more organization. A bit cleaner, perhaps
better prices. But oh well, we don't live in a perfect world .

Thank you again,
-Mariana

Old 25-07-2007, 08:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 19:24:25 GMT, "Jane Doe"
wrote:

Thank you. Personally I was quite disappointed at the show I expected more
displays less vendors, a bit more organization. A bit cleaner, perhaps
better prices. But oh well, we don't live in a perfect world .

Thank you again,
-Mariana

.. .
wrote:

Some nice shots, even some things I didn't see when I visited the
show. This one, could be from my own place. Hippeastrum 'Cantate'
Won a blue ribbon in 96 for one of these.

I agree but have to add that the prices that people pay go a big way
to improving the plant world in Philadelphia. Trees and plants have a
hard time in the cities. Trucks knock off branches when traveling and
parking on the streets. Much damage is done every day. A constant
renewal is needed. Also there is a lot of misunderstanding and
vandalism, believe it or not.
I have seen people ripping at young trees and then when questioned by
the policeman that I saw coming up behind the cretin, told the officer
his name, when just about then some young boys came by and said "hi
Tony" or whatever the chicken man. The officer was not pleased and
hauled the chicken man off in cuffs for lying to an officer. I laughed
all the way down the block back to my house.
Old 25-07-2007, 09:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

. ..
wrote:

[...]

When I said price too high I meant vendor prices, prices for plants, not the
admission price.

I'm always willing to pay whatever the admission fee is, and always donate
to botanical gardens through monetary donations as well as time
volunteering.

I just thought that some vendors had outrageous prices for the goods that
they were selling!

-M

Old 26-07-2007, 02:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

================================================= ==

When I said price too high I meant vendor prices, prices for plants, not the
admission price.

I'm always willing to pay whatever the admission fee is, and always donate
to botanical gardens through monetary donations as well as time
volunteering.

I just thought that some vendors had outrageous prices for the goods that
they were selling!

-M

You are probably right about the vendors. I don't pay much mind except
each year I buy a bunch or two of Eucalyptus for a room or two.