GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mirabilis longiflora - Angel'sTrumpets.JPG (1/1) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/162434-mirabilis-longiflora-angelstrumpets-jpg-1-1-a.html)

Amos Nomore 31-07-2007 04:54 AM

Mirabilis longiflora - Angel'sTrumpets.JPG (1/1)

1 Attachment(s)
The aroma emitted from these flowers in the early evening defies
description. It does not travel far, so you'll have to get your nose
tickled to get a really good whiff. Honeysuckle with a bit of Datura,
cloves, and a hint of some unnameable Far Eastern spice. If only it
could be bottled!

-----------------
-----------------

Ann 31-07-2007 11:42 AM

Mirabilis longiflora - Angel'sTrumpets.JPG (1/1)

Amos Nomore expounded:

The aroma emitted from these flowers in the early evening defies
description. It does not travel far, so you'll have to get your nose
tickled to get a really good whiff. Honeysuckle with a bit of Datura,
cloves, and a hint of some unnameable Far Eastern spice. If only it
could be bottled!

How aptly named. I'm going to have to get some seeds, this sounds
delicious!
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Amos Nomore 31-07-2007 10:50 PM

Mirabilis longiflora - Angel'sTrumpets.JPG (1/1) - MirabilisSeeds.JPG (1/1)

1 Attachment(s)
In article ,
Ann wrote:

Amos Nomore expounded:

The aroma emitted from these flowers in the early evening defies
description. It does not travel far, so you'll have to get your nose
tickled to get a really good whiff. Honeysuckle with a bit of Datura,
cloves, and a hint of some unnameable Far Eastern spice. If only it
could be bottled!

How aptly named. I'm going to have to get some seeds, this sounds
delicious!

You will only need to obtain seeds once. The plant gives up its bounty
very willingly. It is perennial where I live in zone 7 and self-sows
besides.

-----------------
-----------------

Ann 04-08-2007 03:16 AM

Mirabilis longiflora - Angel'sTrumpets.JPG (1/1) - MirabilisSeeds.JPG (1/1)

Amos Nomore expounded:

You will only need to obtain seeds once. The plant gives up its bounty
very willingly. It is perennial where I live in zone 7 and self-sows
besides.

Care to share any seeds? I've got breadseed poppies and Angelica giga
seeds to share if you're interested......

Amos Nomore 04-08-2007 04:32 PM

Mirabilis longiflora - Angel'sTrumpets.JPG (1/1) - MirabilisSeeds.JPG (1/1)

In article ,
Ann wrote:

Amos Nomore expounded:

You will only need to obtain seeds once. The plant gives up its bounty
very willingly. It is perennial where I live in zone 7 and self-sows
besides.

Care to share any seeds? I've got breadseed poppies and Angelica giga
seeds to share if you're interested......

I would be happy to. Send me an email, the address is good.

Nice bunch of pictures. Your container arrangements are splendid!