Old 31-07-2007, 05:51 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Cuphea llavea - TinyMiceInTheSky.jpg (1/1)

I admire the, how shall I say, 'sequential' growth habit of this plant.
It blooms constantly until frost and the hummers dig it.

-----------------
-----------------
Attached Thumbnails
Cuphea llavea - TinyMiceInTheSky.jpg (1/1)-tinymiceinthesky.jpg
Old 31-07-2007, 11:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Amos Nomore expounded:

I admire the, how shall I say, 'sequential' growth habit of this plant.
It blooms constantly until frost and the hummers dig it.

Yes, it does, I've got one out on the patio.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
Old 31-07-2007, 10:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Cuphea llavea - 'Bat Face'

Very nice & coincidently I just bought one from UCI arboretum aka 'Bat Face
Cuphea' & so
here is my pic.
Cheers Wendy

"Ann" wrote in message
news
Amos Nomore expounded:

I admire the, how shall I say, 'sequential' growth habit of this plant.
It blooms constantly until frost and the hummers dig it.

Yes, it does, I've got one out on the patio.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
e-mail address is not checked
******************************

Attached Thumbnails
Cuphea llavea - TinyMiceInTheSky.jpg (1/1)-cuphea-llavia-batface-59-01144.jpg
Old 31-07-2007, 11:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Cuphea llavea - TinyMiceInTheSky.jpg (1/1) - HangGlider.JPG (1/1)

In article ,
Ann wrote:

Amos Nomore expounded:

I admire the, how shall I say, 'sequential' growth habit of this plant.
It blooms constantly until frost and the hummers dig it.

Yes, it does, I've got one out on the patio.

I used to buy new plants every Spring. I assumed that the plants were
grown from cuttings because the seeds don't seem to be available
anywhere. This year I started from seed (very easy to collect and
germinate) and started them indoors in March.

Here's a pic I've posted before. I call it "Hang Glider" or "Daedalus".

-----------------
-----------------
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HangGlider.JPG (154.2 KB, 71 views)
Old 31-07-2007, 11:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Cuphea llavea - 'Bat Face' - Cuphea.JPG (1/1)

In article ,
"Wendy7" wrote:

Very nice & coincidently I just bought one from UCI arboretum aka 'Bat Face
Cuphea' & so
here is my pic.
Cheers Wendy

Thanks Wendy. Here's another Cuphea I grew last year. I'm not sure of
the species, but the flowers were comparatively small.

-----------------
-----------------
Attached Thumbnails
Cuphea llavea - TinyMiceInTheSky.jpg (1/1)-cuphea.jpg

Old 01-08-2007, 02:35 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Very nice, great pics. Did I ask you what type of camera you use? Cheers
Wendy
"Amos Nomore" wrote in message

Amos Nomore expounded:

Old 01-08-2007, 03:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
"Wendy7" wrote:

Very nice, great pics. Did I ask you what type of camera you use? Cheers
Wendy

Thanks! I use an Olympus C8080WZ. I'm not big on rtfm, so it's been
taking time to figure the thing out. It does more than I thought it
could, but I have much to learn about how to make it do what I want it
to do. Once that's accomplished, I'll need a new camera, if I'm still
alive. ;-}

It's rare that I miss my SLR, though it was easier to take good pictures
with it. But there's no substitute for being able to cheaply make a
zillion digital exposures and choosing the best at one's leisure. Not
to mention the simplicity of digital imagery manipulation at home these
days.
-----------------
-----------------
Old 01-08-2007, 03:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 16:00:58 -0600, Amos Nomore
wrote:

In article ,
Ann wrote:

Amos Nomore expounded:

I admire the, how shall I say, 'sequential' growth habit of this plant.
It blooms constantly until frost and the hummers dig it.

Yes, it does, I've got one out on the patio.

I used to buy new plants every Spring. I assumed that the plants were
grown from cuttings because the seeds don't seem to be available
anywhere. This year I started from seed (very easy to collect and
germinate) and started them indoors in March.

Here's a pic I've posted before. I call it "Hang Glider" or "Daedalus".

Looks like his landing gear is ready for the landing.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
"Wendy7" wrote:

Very nice & coincidently I just bought one from UCI arboretum aka 'Bat Face
Cuphea' & so
here is my pic.
Cheers Wendy

"Ann" wrote in message
news
Amos Nomore expounded:

I admire the, how shall I say, 'sequential' growth habit of this plant.
It blooms constantly until frost and the hummers dig it.

Yes, it does, I've got one out on the patio.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
e-mail address is not checked
******************************

[Image]

That is a nice closeup!
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 01-08-2007, 10:02 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 14:10:58 -0700, "Wendy7" wrote:

Very nice & coincidently I just bought one from UCI arboretum aka 'Bat Face
Cuphea' & so

we had the Bat Face and several others - All but the C. ignea were
killed by the cold last winter.
The Bat Face really does look like a bat.
--

09=ix