Old 10-08-2007, 02:38 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default big success with loquat

We brought a few loquat/nespera fruits back from Portugal in 1988 and I
planted the seeds, as you do. They're larger than runner bean seeds and
very easy to germinate. One has grown into a smallish tree that hangs over
my garden pond, and this year we have had our single first ever fruit it's
about the size of an apricot. What excitement! The tree flowered last
November (!) for the first time and was covered with blossoms, but I didn't
think anything survived the winter.

I brought some fruits back from Spain a couple of years ago and have about
ten small (1-foot) trees in pots in the garden. If anybody wants a little
loquat tree and is prepared to come to North Wiltshire for them, please get
in touch. The trees are very beautiful.

someone

Attached Thumbnails
big success with loquat-dscf0089.jpg
Old 10-08-2007, 02:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
"someone" wrote:

We brought a few loquat/nespera fruits back from Portugal in 1988 and I
planted the seeds, as you do. They're larger than runner bean seeds and
very easy to germinate. One has grown into a smallish tree that hangs over
my garden pond, and this year we have had our single first ever fruit it's
about the size of an apricot. What excitement! The tree flowered last
November (!) for the first time and was covered with blossoms, but I didn't
think anything survived the winter.

I brought some fruits back from Spain a couple of years ago and have about
ten small (1-foot) trees in pots in the garden. If anybody wants a little
loquat tree and is prepared to come to North Wiltshire for them, please get
in touch. The trees are very beautiful.

someone

begin 666 Dscf0089.jpg
[Image]

end

Cool. :-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

[IMG] code is On

Loquat died David Hare-Scott Gardening 8 14-04-2004 08:32 AM
Loquat died David Hare-Scott Gardening 1 06-04-2004 08:55 PM
Who killed the loquat? David Hare-Scott Australia 0 22-03-2004 09:03 AM
GM Cotton a big success in Africa Larry Caldwell sci.agriculture 0 26-04-2003 12:30 PM
GM Cotton a big success in Africa Larry Caldwell sci.agriculture 0 15-03-2003 08:32 PM